We here at Lubbock Steamer know how frightening a house fire can be, especially during the holidays. Here are some fire safety tips that the National Fire Protection Association gives us to help prevent a fire in our kitchens.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
However, we know how quickly safety hazards can get away from you when you’re busy. If a fire does happen to occur, call Lubbock Steamer’s 24-hour emergency fire restoration line. We have live opertators 24/7 so we can get your house back to normal! (806)-748-8400
Happy Thanksgiving and Be Safe!
From all of us at Lubbock Steamer to you and your loved one!